7 BENEFITS OF ADORATION
Psalm 103:1-5 (NKJV) . Verses 1-2, “bless the LORD “ (“bless Yahweh”), O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name….and forget not all His benefits.”
The Hebrew word “bless” means to kneel as an act of adoration. Adore Him for His name is holy. In return for our adoration, He gives us many benefits as our Good Father. Verses 3-5 lists the following seven benefits. (Seven is the perfect number of God.)
1. He “forgives all your iniquities.” The Hebrew Word for iniquity is “avon” which means “perversity, or “moral evil” (immorality or perverseness). It can also mean “faults” or “mischief.”
2. He “heals all your diseases.” Jesus is “the Great Physician.” He made us, so he knows best how to fix us.
3. He “redeems your life from destruction.” The word “destruction” in Hebrew is “shachath”, which means a “pit.” The Pit was for Satan and his demons. Essentially, it means He redeems our soul from being hell-bound. It can also mean “grave, ditch, or corruption.”
4. He crowns you “with lovingkindness.” All of his blessings are available to us.
5. He crowns us with “tender mercies,” meaning compassion, or tender love, or great mercy. It also means “the womb, as in cherishing the (fetus) unborn child.”
6. He satisfies your mouth with (all that is) good.” Food, yes, but much more than that. He will fill your mouth with good words, good speaking as it flows from your heart of good righteousness. Critical or harmful words, or words of doubt or fear will not be heard from your “mouth of good things.”
7. He will renew your youth (energy). “Renew” means to rebuild, “like the eagle’s”. The eagle is a symbol of strength, energy, endurance. (Isaiah 40:31)
When we “bless the LORD,” we reap the benefits of a loving Father and our Savior.
CLICK HERE TO READ PREVIOUS DAILY INSPIRATION